Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Kodak Moment

...Without the camera. Ha. I don't carry my camera around with me everywhere, so I painted a pretty picture depicting this story:

Ahem, last week (Thursday, to be exact) I received a package in the mail. It was sitting at school just WAITING for me (how kind)! Everyday we stop on the second floor to pick up the kids and our lesson plans and say hello to the other teachers and on this particular day, I got to pick up my package as well. We rode up the elevator and hopped off at the fourth floor and Stella and I went into the classroom and I put the package down and it roared. Yes, roared. Awesome.
Stella got super excited and was bugging me to open it, but I didn't. Blah blah blah, the other kids came in and Stella told them about the box and so I went around the room banging the box on their desk and holding it up to their ear, trying to get them to guess what was in the box. Then they all bugged me about the box til lunchtime.
Finally, I gave in and opened it as soon as everyone was finished. The roaring sound: dragons. :) Then Sarah saw bubblewrap. She stopped talking for a hot second, looked up at me with her mouth open and said, "Teacher, pop?"
Of course I was like, "Um, no. This is my bubblewrap."
Sarah: "TEACH-UH!"
Me: "It's mine!"
Sarah: "BUT TEACH-UH, it fun!" and looked at me with puppy dog eyes.
Me (caving over those eyes): "True...... FINE!"
So, I rolled the bubblewrap out and we started jumping up and down on it giggling like I was the same age as her. Then I hear a bunch of little feet pattering into the classroom, look up and almost all of King and Robot class had come in. I said SURE, and then they all joined in. Kodak moment. No camera. Oh well. Here's my beautiful picture:


No comments:

Post a Comment