Sunday, July 27, 2014

Facebook Challenge: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

I was tagged in a Facebook challenge (just yesterday) to list 3 positive things about myself over a 5 day period.  I thought about it... and decided to just make a blog post about it because a) I haven't updated my blog in a bit, and b) I don't wanna clog up people's newsfeed with all things wonderful about me (coughcoughhahacough).

This was pretty tough (I see why they tell you to only post 3 things over 5 days), but I did it.  Yay!  I am digging all this self-love going around Facebook these days, I must add.

Yalla, here we go:

1. I have surrounded myself with good friends.  They share the same interests as me, for the most part.  And, most importantly, they inspire me to do more, to be more.

2. I am constantly wandering.  Many would not consider this a positive characteristic, deeming me incapable of knowing who I am or what I want.  I must completely disagree.  I see it as positive because it keeps me active, it keeps me growing and learning, and it helps me be one with myself and those around me.  If anything, it has helped me get to know myself better and what I want more.  So there, haterz.

3. I think I am pretty attuned to how others feel.  Maybe not always, but a good part of the time.  Meaning: I'm aware of others.

4. I'm genuine.  I am who I am.  Yes, we all have things underneath, but, for the most part, what you see is what you get.  I think people appreciate that.  I appreciate that.

5. I am pretty good at making others feel good about themselves or a situation they find themselves in.

6. This goes hand-in-hand with #5: I try to see the positive in situation.  Sometimes it takes me longer than other times, but I get there eventually.

7. I'm funny.  Or, at least, people tell me I am.  I don't try to be funny, though... At least it makes people happy!

8. I am comfortable and happy with who I am.  Sure, improvements could always be made, but I like me.  Nay, I love me.

9. I am fair.  I can see both sides of a story or situation.  I am a Libra, so I think that's why.  But, for example, if someone upsets me - yea, I'm angry at them, but I can usually see and understand their side.  Not always a good thing for me because then they, sometimes, think that because I understand, they "win" or they can walk over me.  Rude, guys.

10. I have recently learned to say, "no."  If it's something I don't want to do, or to feed off #9, I feel like I am being used, I can now say, "no."  YAY ME!

11. I am open to others' critical criticism.  As long as it's actually helpful to who I am as a human being, I'll take it.

12. I am always trying to better myself.  I want to be the best version of myself... which is why I take people's critical and HELPFUL criticism.  Help me help myself.

13. I like to think I'm a good teacher.  Maybe not the greatest, but good.  I try to get to know my babies and their families well.  I try to teach them how to be good people, good citizens of the world.  yea, they're 4 & 5 years old, but that's when it all starts.  I love being there for it.  My heart feels full.

14. I think I'm a pretty good member of my family.  I try to be there when I'm needed and I do my best to offer advice or love.  Of course, there is room for improvement, but no one is perfect.  We can all try.

15. I do my best... most of the time.  At least I'm aware of that!

Le sigh.  I wrote this in my journaljournal first.  Good thing, too, or else I'd still be sitting here trying to figure it all out.  This challenge has taught me that there are many wonderful things about myself.  Sometimes they are hard to find because we are so hard on ourselves.  It's okay to let up and take it easy.

Peace, love, & MORE LOVE!

1 comment: