Friday, December 7, 2012

Happy Thoughts

Oy.  Guys.  It's the weekend and I have never been so thrilled for it.  Probably not "never," but definitely not this year.  This week kicked my butt, emotionally.  The kids are legitimately going crazy.  Insane.  Even the good ones.  I'm going to implement a class-wide rewards system, since individual ones seem to do nothing.  And I also got sick a bit, too!  Massively sore throat!  I'm still taking meds to make sure I kick it alllllll the way out.  Insh'Allah it will work.

Because this week was a biznatch, here are the little things that made me smile this week:
  • Christmas music
  • Love letters from students two days in a row
  • Bowling and winning!
  • Buying and decorating my Christmas tree
  • Wearing Grandma's necklace
  • Macklemore and the Good Husbands
  • A mattress pad
  • Buying a new couch
  • Helping friends out
  • Cold weather
  • Hugs and kisses from kids (hmm wonder how I got sick???)
  • Buying a ticket to Sri Lanka with one of my most favoritest people in the whole wide world!!!!!
I guess, in retrospect, it can't have been that awful of week, except that the majority of my time is spent with kids and they were really rude this week.  Next week, hopefully, they won't be.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Peace, love, & happy thoughts

 

1 comment:

  1. Tell them to knock it off.
    I am so excited.
    I have decided that I like the babies more than these preteens I deal with. Way less cute.
    SEE YOU SOOOOOON!

    The security code thing is mpumba. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete