Sunday, January 6, 2013

Big Moments

This post is dedicated to big moments that I have shared with my students this year due to our lack of "normal" holidays.  I say "normal" with quotations because the holidays are actually normal for an Islam-based school.  They are not, however, "normal" for the Western staff.  That's my explanation for the quotations, just in case you were wondering.

Big Moment #1: My 25th birthday.  Spent the day with my kiddies, receiving loads of hugs and "I love yous"

Big Moment #2: Obama's reelection.  In the States, we would get election day off.  Here, however, they care, but not that much about it.  So, I shared the victorious moment crying, jumping up and down, and screaming with my babies.

Big Moment #3: Thanksgiving.  Once again, in the States, we get this thankful day off.  Here, not so much... it's not even taught... even though I'm in an American-based curriculum school.

Big Moment #4: Christmas Eve.  The school is set in Islamic ideals.  That's enough of an explanation??  We got Christmas Day off!

Big Moment #5: New Year's Eve.  Big big moment, but it was fun talking about it and explaining it to five year old minds.  They feigned interested just long enough for me to be excited about it. 

Big big big moments!  I'm sure there will be more to come.  Insh'Allah.

Peace, love, & special times with loved ones.

1 comment: