Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ain't No Party Like a Hawalli Party

I haven't updated in awhile (surprised? I'd hope not...). So I'm just going to skip over the stories about my trip to Kuwait (to NYC: bus driver lectured a passenger & made bffs with an old man from SanFran; to Kuwait: no movies on American Airlines, five hours in Charles de "Dull" airport, & sitting next to a creepy Indian man).

Anyways, so I've been here for a bit over a week and have done little to nothing. This is what I've done:
1. walked around
2. went to the school
3. met people
4. did a tiny bit of "sightseeing"
5. slowly making new friends

This is what I've learned about Kuwait/Kuwaitis
1. Any kind of road signs are just for decoration, like the speed limit, stop signs, and "give way" signs.
2. Kuwaitis are so loud. Like, so so soooo loud. Just when they speak! They speak-yell! They yeak!
3. They go to the mall and drive around for fun.
4. There isn't really Kuwaiti food. People eat everything but Kuwaiti food. I had something like a pakora at the souq last night and it was very bland, good, but very bland.
5. It's cold here.

That's it for now, homies.

Peace, love, & new countries!

No comments:

Post a Comment