Sunday, January 22, 2012

High-FIVE!

"Everybody in, everybody out,
everybody turn around,
everybody shout HEY!
Everybody ready cos here we go
Let's do the Pinocchio!"

Spent the day (note: really, morning 730-1230) with KG2 and KG1 (about 4-5 year olds). Um, ADORABLE. All of them. Little kids are fun. And funny. In KG2 today, the teacher asked what they did for the weekend (another note: weekends here are Friday and Saturday) and a kid with glasses and a croakie raised his hand.

Teacher: Yes, Bader, what did you do this weekend?
Bader: I went to London!
T: You went to London for the weekend?? (you could tell she didn't believe him)
B: Yes! I flew in a plane!
T: Are you sure you went to London?
B: I flew in a plane!
T: Okay... what did you see wherever you went?
B: Sharks! Dolphins!
T: Um... I'm pretty sure they don't have sharks or dolphins in London, Bader. Are you sure you went to London?
B: No.
T: *laughs* Okay... so you saw sharks and dolphins? Maybe you went to Dubai?
B: YES! I went to Dubai! I flew on a plane!

Cute. Kid was just stoked to have flown in a plane, which he probably does, like, all the time (rich). The kids were also super stoked when they read their sentence correctly and got high-fives. That's right, HIGH FREAKIN' FIVES! Bam. I rock.

After school, I had a tutoring session with a fifth grader for English. Such. A. Sweetheart. Her dad is the manager of an airline. Pretty cool. But there are more established people that the teachers at the school teach... Like the grand-kids of the Amir.

Anywhos, that's it for nowski!

Peace, love, & Frank Ocean!

3 comments:

  1. That is so fun big! It works for you cause you love to give high fives! thanks for the update. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe this is where you should be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I feel like being with the little ones is where I should be, but they're so touchy. And boogery. And sticky. It's overload.

    ReplyDelete