Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day is Tomorrow

I feel like I take too much time inbetween blog posts because between the last time and the actual blogging time, I come up with a bunch of different things I'd want to write about. Then I set down to actually put it on here and can't think of a damn thing! Bah humbug!

Let's start slow.

Last week I substituted in a pre-school classroom twice. Those kids. SO FREAKIN' CUTE! You can pretty much tell them apart (which was not really the case my first month or so in Korea) but, the thing is, all their names are the same! You're either Dana, Abdulazziz, Mohammad, or Yousef here I feel like! I guess it makes it easier, but what about the kids who don't fall under those names? Poor babies... :( ANYwho. I had a blast. We played a lot. It's amazing how they can get play-do EVERYWHERE. They're pretty talented. Also, they're REALLY fast. Like, they run really fast. And their small, so they can dart this way and that really ninja-fast, too! It's crazy! In those two days we played, we went on a leaf hunt, we did a lot of jumping (aka dancing), and a lot of cleaning up. A kid cut his own hair. Luckily, it was just a whole one curl, so it's not entirely noticeable. But yea, I had a blast. They're so much fun!

I've started getting the ball rolling on my master's! I've also been tutoring a bit. And I also got a job! Ish. It's from March to the end of this year. A kindergarten assistant is going on maternity leave (P.S. everyone is married and/or pregnant here, yikes!) and they asked me to take her place! BALLER! So that gives me something to do for then.

Liberation Day is coming up, so Kuwaiti flags can be seen everywhere. I'll do my best to capture photos of this and display them here. Guys, these flags aren't just normal-people sized, they are GINORMOUS flags hanging from people's GINORMOUS houses. And, in Kuwait City at night, the buildings are all lit up! It's so pretty!

Oh, and also, I've been here one month! Time has flown slowly by. Weird. I confused myself.

Okay, that's it, guys. Too much, I know. My apologies.

Peace, love, & trucks. (I don't know. I couldn't think of anything else.)

No comments:

Post a Comment