Saturday, February 25, 2012

Walli what?

WALLIWOOD! Yes, folks, I have renamed my place of residence from Hawalli to Walliwood. Sounds much more regal, don't ya think?

Anyways, this week has been busy busy busy. I started a long ish term sub position in a KG 1 class. This is different than the one I'll be taking up in March, but same age group. We've had a lot of fun. Part of that fun happened on Wednesday. This weekend is Kuwait's Liberation Day celebrations and, so, on Wednesday the Preschool area had a bunch of stuff in honor of this special weekend. There was a bouncy castle, a roller coaster type of thingie, face painting, throwing games, and CHARACTERS (Spiderman, Minnie and Mickey, Donald, Barney and Friends!). It was pretty cool, but mostly hectic. Whatevs. The kids had fun and, in retrospect, so did I.

Since this weekend is a super special weekend, we have four days off! Holla! Yesterday, Lindsay, rents, and I went way out to Bnaider (way out) to a Kite Festival. It was glorious! Such a gorgeous day and then seeing all these ginormous kites floating around. It was really awesome. Here are some pics!




Daddy even got to fly a kite! Look at him go!

Oh my goodness! I almost forgot to add that we started the weekend off right with a random dance party at PhiLindsay's! It was awesome! Too much fun.

Peace, love, & Lotion!

No comments:

Post a Comment