Sunday, February 5, 2012

Kuwait in a Nutshell

Since I came here knowing close to nothing about Kuwait, I thought that I'd post a post including a few things about Kuwait.

Here goes a brief synopsis:

1. Malls: Kuwaitis love them. Basically the only thing to do here (go to malls). They have a ton of them. I've been to Avenues, Titanic Mall, Crescent, and 360 (a mall that goes in a circle, hence the name). They're huge. They have stores from the States (H&M, Forever 21, Armani, Gucci, Coach, etc.).

2. Cars: When you go out in the street or on the road and wherever, you do see some Hondas, Toyotas, Fords, and Nissans, but mostly you see Ferraris, Porsches, Mercedes, Jaguars, Audis, etc. Exciting.

3. People: The women are gorgeous, as to be expected. Makeup is always done and, most of the time, they are dressed up. Stinks for me, as I like tromping around in my hoodie and just a plain pair of jeans, but whatevs.

4. People (continued): There are so many different ethnicities here! There are Pakistanis, Indians, Sri Lankans, Filipinos, Canadians, Americans, British, South Africans. Foreigners are everywhere! Oh, also Iraqis, Iranians, Saudis, too.

5. Outside: It's pretty dusty, guys. I mean, I think this is what most people assume the Middle East is like and, welp, you're right. It's dusty. It's dust-storm season, so all the teachers have been just waiting for it to consume the city. The dust/sand also makes most things brown. Every once in awhile you see a blue or pink building and it just pops out from the brown. Nice change. Other than dusty, it's pretty. Kuwait City is still growing, buildings are still being built and the buildings they have are really cool looking and fancy shmancy. The sky is usually blue and cloudless, so it's pretty pretty.

That's it guys. That's all I've got. Kuwait in a really tiny nutshell. There's a lot more going on with Kuwait, but I either haven't figured it out yet or I don't feel like talking about it publicly. Shrugsies.

Peace, love, & American goods.

Edit: Kuwaitis also don't really have addresses. You tell people how to get to a place via surroundings. "Oh, you know that one Lobster Lake place? Yea, that's where I live. Somewhere off 4th Ring Road. Oh, you don't know? Hmmm... across from Champion gym? No, no, past Subway. Past Dominoes. Yes, yes. That's where I live."

No comments:

Post a Comment