Friday, June 15, 2012

Ramblings Bamblings.

Oh man.  Guys, I'm in America. 

I flew from Kuwait to Abu Dhabi (for 3ish hours) to Chicago (for 6ish hours) and then I'm going to Oklahoma City.  I'm currently sitting in Chicago's airport, kinda smelly and really exhausted, but I have befriended some crazy awesome ladies from Dallas/Ft Worth who are keeping me entertained with their conversations. 

Because my flight isn't for another 4ish hours, I don't know where my gate is yet, so I'm kinda just sitting next to the food court.  Fun times.  I had a coffee and now I'm wired.  And I want M&Ms.  Or Dairy Queen.  Hmm, I wonder if they have a DQ here... that would be SPLENDID.

People in America are so much more friendly than people in the Middle East.  Just sayin'.  And they are less pushy.  That's nice.

I kind of wish I had worn something nicer and done my make up, then maybe I would make friends that are boys.  Oh well.

I can't wait to shower.

There is a girl sitting across from me, probably my age.  She's as big as my leg.  And I feel like my leg isn't that fat, too.  So that means she must be reaaaaallllly skinny. 

People in America show a lot more skin than people in the Middle East do.  I was talking to Susie about this earlier this week and how living in Kuwait makes you a prude.  So true.  Every time I see more than the knee and below, I freak out for a second, like "Why isn't she wearing any clothes?!  She needs to put more clothes on!"  Then I remember I'm in America and it's okay for them to dress like that. 

I would walk around, but there isn't much to see here... So I guess I'll just sit and read, maybe.  I started Fifty Shades of Grey.  Holy moly.  I'm almost done with the book!  I couldn't put it down, seriously!  It's really good.  I'm going to have to download the next one as soon as I finish this one. 

I feel like airports should have a room just full of really comfortable pillows where people like me, who hang out in airports half the day, can sit/sleep while waiting for the next flight.  That would be a smart move on their part, I feel. 

I should probably invest in some lotion and water soon.  I'm feeling quite dehydrated.  Speaking of dehydrated, on my flight from Abu Dhabi to Chicago, every time I started a new movie/tv show, the same commercial for Pocari Sweat would come on and tell me that we lose a lot of liquid from our bodies while we fly and that water isn't enough and we should drink this drink.  It was annoying and, I'm pretty sure, untrue.  But what do I know?!

Last thought of this post: a lot of people have liked my Facebook status. 

That is all.

Peace, love, & coffee.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Sophia. I miss u already. The morning assembly wasn't much fun yesterday. It was short time and I really liked the person u r. Wish u all the best. I'll try to read ur blogs everytime u post something.
    Take care.
    Xx Hania and Baby Sophi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah I love your posts! I totally agree on the pillow room! I alwasy say airports should have pod-beds - that you can rent and sleep in

    ReplyDelete