Tuesday, June 26, 2012

These Shoes

These shoes.  These sneakers.  I bought them sometime in 2010(?) while I was in Korea because, well, I needed a new pair.  I thought they were super cool and clean looking and was told they'd be good for running, which I had, at the time, fully intended on doing with them. I have ran in them, don't get me wrong, but I have also been and done many more things in/with them.  Here are a few:

  • hiked Hallasan on Jeju-do in Korea
  • hiked Dobongsan in Korea
  • trampled around Hanoi
  • hiked a mountain on Monkey Island in Vietnam
  • traveled by plane pretty much everywhere I've been since
  • trampled around Rome, Venice, Greece, Croatia, and Monaco last summer
  • hiked Mt. Vesuvius in Naples, Italy
  • trampled around Kuwait
  • tromped through Jordan - Petra, mainly
  • hiked around Lake Thunderbird, Oklahoma
  • hiked in the Shenandoah mountains
  • ran (fahreal) in Korea, USA, and Kuwait
  • worked out in the 7th Heaven Gym in Kuwait (super popular hot-spot)
... And I'm sure others, but that's all I can recall at the moment.

The reason for this post dedicated to my sneaks is because I will probably have to invest in a new pair soon, as these poor babies are falling apart at the seams.  I just hope my next pair and I have such a tight, close, and awesome relationship as these.

Peace, love, & totes awes sneaks

Side note: I probably won't invest in a new pair this summer, so there's still time for more cherished memories. 

1 comment: