Thursday, November 15, 2012

3 Days

... THAT has been the most magical thing ever, lately.  We had a surprise 3 day weekend last weekend because Kuwait celebrated their 50th anniversary of their Constitution.  They had so many fireworks - it was record breaking!  No, seriously!  It was!  I watched from the roof of our hotel, surrounded by good people.  I thoroughly enjoyed the hour of fireworks... I mean, who wouldn't?!

Then, we had a 3 day work week!  While it was super short, it felt super long.  I wasn't feeling life this week, and I'm not quite sure.  I guess it's just one of those slumps that creep up on ya and settle right on in for a bit.  I'm in the process of shaking it off for good at the moment!  This week at school, we started a new unit: Bears!  So I had the kids bring in their teddy bears and we have been doing fun things all week.  I'm excited to continue it next week.  If only the kids would get their ish together and stop being knuckleheads causing trouble.

THENNN we have another 3 day weekend!  It's the Islamic New Year (HAPPY NEW YEAR, btw!) and so we got Thursday off!  It's been relaxing so far.  Went to the salon and will probably meet up with some new friends tonight for some shisha and beverages.  I'm excited!  :)

Some other pretty awesome things: my boss complimented me on my comments on the report cards saying that I worded it very well and the parents can see what exactly is going on in the classroom from it.  :) My Arabic teacher (for the kids) loves me - so says all the other Arabic teachers! :) Went to Mad Musicals last night put on by SIK and it was pretty okay. :) Got to see Alex and Ian.  They always make me smile.

Here are some pictures and a video of my week!:














 Peace, love, & Lucky Number 3

3 comments:

  1. Cute. Booking tickets...Very excited. Watching Accepted. Can't wait to see you. Ian said to tell you that he wanted to post something on your wall, but since it doesn't exsist, he didn't. Kisses and pebbles. So many pebbles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got drunk and booked tickets. I may or may not be coming to see you. Time will tell. P.S. I wish I was joking.

    ReplyDelete