Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Yup, today is Thanksgiving.  It didn't hit me until I was awake for a couple of minutes, but I promptly wished my friends a great Thanksgiving. 

I love Thanksgiving.  It's a great holiday.  Not only is it filled with the most delicious food ever, it is filled with love, laughter, family, and warmth.  How can you not love that?!  This year's Thanksgiving was filled with school!  Yay!  But I still like to take some time to reflect upon things of which I am grateful for.  Here is a bit of that:

* my family * my friends * my sister * the people who have stuck by me no matter what * my students' parents * my assistant and very good friend, Hibah * blankets to pile on top of me * food to stuff my belly with * chocolate * ice cream * chicken * good friends to share laughs with * baby smiles * small hands in my hair * tiny arms wrapped around me in a hug * moving to an apartment very soon! * my Kindle * my education * my ability to grow * my ability to learn * my ability to see things from various vantage points * football (REDSKINS!) * my boss * my coworkers * travel * my hunger to see more and learn more and do more and be more * KatieDale * my sorority sisters, who are still around and continue to help me become better * amazing professors * laughter * the ability to be who I am...

Etc, etc, etc.  This list could go on and on and on.  You shouldn't just make a grateful list on Thanksgiving.  When I'm sad or in a down-and-out mood, I like to make a list of things that I'm appreciative of.  It doesn't always help, but it definitely gives you something about.  Things could always be worse.  We are lucky.  We are fortunate.  Be grateful for what you have and who you are.  Go out and do good.

Happy Thanksgiving!


1 comment: