Friday, November 9, 2012

This Week in Bullets

Hola,

This week has proven to be a bit of a test to my patience, happiness, motivation, and any other good/feel-good words.  But there have been pretty amazing things that have happened, too.  Here's what's been up:

  • the school (KG) has been going through assessments because report cards are coming out soon.  Thankfully (and, at times, surprisingly) my class did relatively well.  There were just a few that I had a feeling wouldn't do as well, and didn't.  But that's good!  I'm happy about that.  
  • in relation to assessments, I haven't really been in class this week because I've been assessing one-on-one and so my TA has been leading the class this week.  I missed them, until I was in the class yesterday.  They were complete MONSTERS.  We were going to have a fun day, but those little munchkins ruined it, so we did not fun work.  Suckers.
  • Obama got re-elected.  While I didn't really follow the election all that closely, I knew for a fact that I definitely did NOT want Romney to win.  I still don't feel like either were the best candidate, but Romney was just the WORST.  I cried out of pure happiness that he did not get elected.  Thank goodness for that.
  • us hotel people are still in the hotel and there hasn't been ANY good news WHATSOEVER.  We heard via hearsay that there might be an apartment ready in fifteen days, but when my roommate and I went to talk to the assistant superintendent yesterday, we were told it wouldn't be ready til January/February.  The apartments we were supposed to be moving into are all ready, but the owner backed out of having North Americans in his complex.  Bullshit.  ACA needs to get their shit together because it is not fun.  I'm fed up, but not to the point where I'm going to go find my own apartment, because our apartment stipend???  DUMB.  It's only 150KD, not nearly enough for anything.  Dumb dumb dumb stupid stupid stupid.  I'm very frustrated.  I love the school and my kids and my boss and my coworkers.  It's this one thing that is bugging me.  I'm not settled in and I don't feel at home yet because, well, I'm not at home.  It's dumb.  And frustrating.  And stupid.  
  • I'll end this with good news.  Next week, we start the 2nd Quarter and we are kicking it off with the theme of Bears!  I'm very excited to bring my teddy bear, Brianna, in.  It'll be great.  She'll have a blast in school.  Last time I took her to school (in Korea), though, the kids gave her stupid mole on her snout.  So... I will have to talk to her about how this school will be better... insh'Allah.  I really love bears.   


That's it, homies.  Sorry for the rant, I tried not to make it all negative, but whatever.

Peace, love, & teddy bears.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you're still in a hotel! Sending some prayers that you get a real place soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Sophia I love reading your blog! I feel you summed up our hotel situation perfectly "dumb dumb dumb stupid stupid stupid". Even though I am frustrated too, you made me smile with your humor and story about Brianna in Korea. I look forward to meeting her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have quite the international teddy bear.

    keep your chin up about the hotel/apartment.

    You're my hero.

    ReplyDelete