Saturday, March 10, 2012

Smile! WOO!

As you all know, I've been hanging out in KG1 and will be for the rest of the year. As most of you know, I am loving it. I may come home exhausted from hanging out with 4/5 year olds all day, but I'm practically always happy. I wake up in a good mood (most of the time) and smile through the majority of the day. Here is a little looksy at what I experience all day:

- My hair has gotten really long and when I straighten it, some of the girls play with it and giggle or say nice things like "Pretty."

- One time I didn't straighten my hair and just put it up in a pony tail and, during morning routine one morning, one of the boys in the class said, "Miss! Your hair is CRAZYYYY!!!" I laugh.

- Sadan (a girl in class) got her hair cut and Barrak came up to me and told me about it. I answered by saying yea, I knew. Then he pointed out that I had not cut my hair. After I agreed with him I pointed out to him that he had not cut his hair either. He replied with, "No, but I cut your face!" Once again, I laugh.

- On days that we let the kids have a draw/colour table, some of them like to make books and ask me to staple it for them. As I was stapling one child's book, I ran out of staples and said, "Oops, no more staples!" Abdulwahab looked up at me with his huge, brown eyes and said, "Miss, you need more spengles?" Spengles. Priceless.

- This past week, I had recess duty and some of the kids like to play with me. Usually, we just throw a ball back and forth. Whenever they catch the ball, I let out a little laugh and say, "WOO!" A kid asked me one day this week, "Miss, why you say woo??" I just answered with a smile and shrug. Next time I caught the ball, he "Woo"-ed me!

- There is a little girl in our homeroom English class who is super quiet. She barely speaks a word. Lately, though, she has been smiling a lot and runs up to give me big hugs. I love it. I feel like she likes me and I'm making a difference in her life. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

- In relation to the previous notch, 4 and 5 year olds give the best hugs. When I first came into the classroom, there wasn't much of that going on, but I love hugs and I love hugging them. I guess they have finally realized that I like hugs and, every once in awhile, come up to give me a hug. Best.

All of these things make me so happy. Sometimes I wonder if I'm meant to stick around in kindergarten...

Peace, love, & KG1

No comments:

Post a Comment