Saturday, September 22, 2012

Coffee Shops

You know what I woke up thinking about today?

No, not about how it's Saturday and I have to go in for week 4 tomorrow.  Not about how I have homework and work to do today.  And not about how my hotel room is a mess with clothes strewn everywhere.  Nope.

I woke up thinking about coffee shops.  And how much I love them.  Yep.  I woke up thinking about a coffee shop I found during one of my strolls through Hanoi, Vietnam.  How it smelled and felt and tasted and looked.  And that led me to think about a restaurant I visited with a delicious menu and coffee in Sapa Valley, Vietnam and then the cute little gelato place in Rome, Italy and then the coffee shop up the street from our apartments in Ori, South Korea and then the coffee shop that was across 4th Ring Road in Jabriya, Kuwait. 

I love coffee shops.  I love being able to find the perfect spot in the back or in the corner of the whole shop and just sitting there with a good book or my laptop, reading/typing away whilst people watching.  Watching how others interact with each other or how they interact with themselves, either talking to themselves or getting lost in their own thoughts. 

I love it.

Peace, love, & coffee shops, duh.

2 comments:

  1. Did you find that the interaction between people was the same from country to country?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In some aspects, yes. In others (greetings, contact), no. I should've taken notes on it, but I did not :(

      Delete