Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Birthdays Around the World

Oy.

I've been sick for almost a week.  With a slight cold now.  Just a bit stuffy.  Sound like a 5 year old, nothing unusual.  But, to top it off, after my birthday dinner with my momma and papa, I woke up with a horrible stomachache.  Went to school, but came home early and opted out of going to school today because I still felt ill.  Yay, sickness!  As of right now, I'm doing well.  Ate some rice (first thing in the past two days), so that's good!

Anyways, I had my birthday celebration at the bowling alley Saturday evening/night and it was a lot of fun.  Many of my friends came out, except for a few that weren't feeling well.  I got some awesome gifts from awesome friends and coworkers.  Awesome.  And my day at school was really great, too!  The kids were super cute.  I got a chocolate birthday cake from one student and a cutesy card from another!  Lurves!  The kids were sooo good and kept saying happy birthday and giving me lots of hugs.  Perfection.  Went to tutor and then went out to eat with my mom and dad, who haven't helped me celebrate a birthday since 2009.  I know, I know.  It's not that long, but really?  It is.

My first birthday away from my parents was when I was studying in Thailand in 2007.  Lucky for me, I had a great group of friends that I lived with and traveled with and, just, did everything went!  We went out for dinner and they bought me an ice cream cake (tradition!) and we went out to a chocolate bar afterwards.  It was a great birthday (also because the next weekend we went to Koh Pha Ngan for the Full Moon Party).  Excellent.

My second birthday away from my parents was when I was in Korea and they were here, in Kuwait (2010).  That has got to be the best birthday I can ever ever remember.  My bestest friends and I went out to eat and played darts and I won TWO raffle prizes AND a darts game against the boys!  It was the greatest.  And the following night, there was a big party at our local hotspot, Underground.

The third birthday without them was last year (2011).  It was alright, went out to dinner and had a football-shaped birthday cake!!  And great presents with a great family that I am eternally indebted to for housing me and loving me!

This year, I had a great birthday.  I'm really happy I got to celebrate my awesomeness with special people that mean a lot to me.  I am a very lucky person, to have met such great people all over the world that can share my happiness with me and make me even more happy.  Really.  Super lucky.

Peace, love, & birthdays around the world.

1 comment:

  1. I just had a flashback to those dart games...at the end of your night...when standing was a challenge...and you got some bulls. You never cease to amaze. See you SUPER soon!

    ReplyDelete