Monday, October 15, 2012

Blog Post #137

I don't like naming posts cos I feel like I'm not good at it.  So, this post is entitled "Blog Post #137" because it's my 137th blog post.  Yayyyy.

Also, I DO like numbering the things IN my post because it makes me feel like I got everything I wanted to get.  Bam.  So, in honor of this "like":

1. Today was pretty sweet.  There is an Asian conference going on and so a couple of roads are shut down, which meaaaans that I had 6 kids missing from class today!  WOOHOO!  That was really cool.  It was a good day.  It's not like the kids that were absent are "bad," but it was just easier to be with only 17 kids as opposed to 23.

2. My school is in the process of getting re-accredited, which means that the accreditation team is here this week!  Today, they spent the day in KG and came into my class twice!  Once, was during Phonographix, and I quickly had the kids switch to practicing the sounds to spelling sounds using our awesome "smart board" wannabe.  Then they came in again as the kids and I were setting up for centers.  Lucky for me, there were only 17 kids and they were AMAZING.  Love them.

3. Went to a boat party last Friday!  It was pretty fun.  I quite enjoyed dancing and eating fried catfish!  Yumma!  Oh, and meeting new people, haha.

4. This Friday, I am supposed to go camping in the desert.  Seeing as I've only camped once, I'm not sure how I feel about it.  I can backpack across Asia easy peasy, but camping??  I don't know... seems so wild to me!

5. Then I'm going to have a Celebration of Awesomeness for my birthday on Saturday.  We're gonna go bowling.  Not sure how many people will show up, but whatever.  I know that some cool people will be there and I will be there and I love bowling!

6. And my birthday is Sunday!  Woohoo.  It will be the first birthday since 2010 to have with my parents!  That's really the only thing I'm looking forward to :)

7. Also, KatieD and I have been planning our trip in February.  I think we might go with Sri Lanka!  I'm pretty excited.  I've heard it's amazing and that two weeks might not even be enough time!!  EEPS!  Oh well.  I'll be with KD!  I'm so excited.  :D :D :D

Peace, love, & unnamed posts.

2 comments: