Sunday, August 19, 2012

And so it begins...

Heads up: due to nervousness and my ADD, this post does not "flow" and does not sound good.  Just letting y'all know.

After watching 6 or 7 movies yesterday, we packed up the blankets on the floor and headed to bed.  (I had to watch an episode of Grey's because the last three movies we watched were scary/zombie movies.)  I got all cozy up in bed and had my ear buds in with rainymood.com playing in the background and closed my eyes... but for the life of me, I could NOT fall asleep.  Sleep would not come to me at all.  Nada.  I rolled around and around.  Tossing and turning.  It sucked.

I hate big trips and I hate big changes.  I mean, not really, but when stuff like that (the whole no sleeping thing) happens, I hate it.  It's awful.  My stomach starts hurting, twisting and tying itself into knots and I can't sleep. 

Anyways, I'm nervous.  Nervous that I'm not going to make new friends and nervous that I won't be good at my job.  Thing is, I'm pretty sure I will make new friends and that I'll be good with the kids, but I'm still nervous as heck and that causes me to lose a very important nights' sleep.  Uncool. 

I have a couple more things to do today and then Seester will drive me to the airport to get there at 2 for my 4:15 flight and it shall begin...

OKC --> Dallas
Dallas --> London (for a 12 hour layover)
London --> Kuwait (landing at 6:30 am on Tuesday morning)

Anyways, because of the lack of good writing in this post, I shall end it here.  Super exciting, eh?

Peace, love, & MORE PEACE, PUHLEAAASSEEEE!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Dude. You're going to do awesome. I'm also super nervous. For me, not you. You got this. Also, who wouldn't be your friend? When I freak out, I just bypass all the new stuff and think about when I get to see you! Then I get happy instead of sad. Stegosaurus.

    ReplyDelete