Thursday, August 2, 2012

Virginia, y'all

So I'm in Virginia!  Have been for the week, actually.  Went to a sister's wedding in VA Beach this past weekend!  It was amazing.  I am so so happy for her :)  It was really ballerific getting to see a bunch of sisters.  I've missed those crazy cats. 

This week, I've spent getting ready for Kuwait... Sorta.  I took all my documents to be authenticated by VA state down in Richmond, easy peasy; took, maybe, 20 minutes total.  Then I drove up to DC to get them authenticated by the State Department and was late to the office by 30 minutes!  But, thankfully, they took my stuff anyways (because I am "out of state").  Another easy peasy.  Went to the Embassy to drop everything off and was told it'd be 5 days.  After explaining I was leaving and needed it asap, I was told to come back with a self addressed envelope.  Fine, whatever.  Went back to the Embassy the next day with a FedEx and dropped it all off and got a phone call about an hour later saying I was missing things.  So crazy.  I was told my malaria, syphilis, and filariasis tests weren't there (which they WERE, they just didn't look close enough!), so I had the doctor in OK write a note saying that I was free of these three things specifically and had it faxed.  And I needed to get my degree verified on top of getting authenticated TWICE!  WHAT?!  Anyways, the visa guy said my visa would be done by the end of the week.  I called him today and he said that it would be done tomorrow, so I was going to go pick it up, but then he called back saying he put it in the mail.  Hmp.  Insane.  That's my rant.  At least it's on its way, right?  By the time I get back to OK, my passport with my work visa should be there (Insh'Allah)!

Anyways, I gotta go get ready to go see even more sisters for dinner!  Yay! 

Peace, love, & craziness

1 comment:

  1. Are you going to the dinner tonight in Richmond?? I REALLY want to come but forgot it was the last night of summer dance, so I don't know what to do!!

    ReplyDelete