Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Maybe it IS Maybelline...

...Or maybe I'm just THAT awesome?  Thoughts?

Anyways, I suppose I should post a blogski about being back in Kuwait blah blah blah.  The flights were pretty flight-like and long.  On my flight from Dallas to London, my headphones (or the airplane's headphones) wouldn't stick into the headphone hole, so I could watch the movies, I just couldn't hear them (dumb).  I made a new friend, who lives in the Czech doing something that isn't teaching and has lived a lot of places (even Kuwait when she was in HS!).  London was whatevs, I slept most of the time.  And my flight from London to Kuwait was chill.  Had to poke the crap out of this high school kid to get him to wake up so I could use the bathroom (when I say "poke the crap out of" I mean it took me, like, 5 minutes to get this kid to wake up and by the end of those 5 minutes, I wasn't trying to be nice.  Just sayin'.). 

Got picked up from the airport and was told I'd be living in a hotel for now.  They don't know how long, though, which sucks, but I'm trying to make the best of it.  I don't have a dresser, so I can't really unpack all that much... So hopefully we won't be here for too long.  I'll be sharing the hotel suite with another teacher.  I mean, I guess it's all pretty posh and awesome.  I can see the gulf from my room window and the Corniche is just across Gulf Road, so that's pretty cool, oh and I don't have to clean.  Cool. 

Yesterday, I went to the parent's apartment to shower cos I hadn't brought shower stuff... It was hot.  Their apartment was HOT.  I tried to get that fixed, I'll probably have to go back over just to make sure it the AC is working, and if it isn't, talk to apartment man, Jabril.  I hung out with and ate dinner with Alex and Ian and that was awesome.  It was great hanging out with them because they are awesome.  And then came back to the hotel where I got to meet two other teachers!  I feel good that I got to meet some people before orientation starts today.

Anywhos, I slept for a solid 6 hours last night, which makes me AWESOME.  Hence the title of the post.  I'm AWESOME.  I'm having coffee right now and then I'm going to try to stay awake for the rest of the day.  I think I can do it, but who knows?!  I still feel sleepy, but I won't think about it!!!!!

All-in-all: I'm back in Kuwait, guys.  The real deal.  I can't wait to see everybody else that is coming back.  That'll be fun. 

Peace, love, & I'M AWESOME.

1 comment: