Thursday, August 16, 2012

That's Me. Planning.

Last time I was on my way to Kuwait, I had no idea.  No idea what I was going to be doing.  I mean, I had a brief idea of what I was going to be doing, but nothing was certain.  Like, nothing.  I knew that I wanted to tutor, but who knew if I'd get tutoring gigs?  I knew I wanted to find a job for next year, but who knew I would?  And I knew I wanted to start my Master's, but who knew what would happen? 

I'm usually pretty good at the "who knew?" part because I'm not a planner.  I don't plan things.  Oh, you wanna hang out?  You're probably gonna have to make it happen, unless you want to sit in a coffee shop or go get ice cream or have chicken for dinner.  I don't plan.  It's just something that I don't do because, honestly, it kinda freaks me out a bit.  Especially when I end up dedicating X number of years on something.  I get bored pretty easily and I'm not very good at staying in one place for too long, unless I have a solid friend-base that can keep me pretty well entertained (i.e. do stuff with me).  Side note: I am really good at booking tickets and hostels... I'll do that in a millisecond.

Anyways, so here I am.  August 16th.  In three days I start my long-arse journey back to Kuwait.  With a plan.  Sort of.  For the most part.  I mean, I-have-a-job kind of plan.  And I'm nervous as H-E-double hockey sticks.  Where there are a lot of new things that will be happening (new school, friends, curriculum, friends, apartment, etc) there are an equal amount of not-new things (Kuwait, friends, parents) and that calms me down a bit.  As does the realization that many of the new teachers I'm with are young and they have just about the same amount of experience as I do.  So, we're all in this together.  And that makes me feel better. 

Now I'm just rambling, but that shouldn't come as a surprise, honestly.  But, moving on, I guess the jist of this post is that the first time I went to Kuwait, I had no clue what I'd be doing and this time, I know that I'll at least be teaching (knock on wood that everything goes smoothly) and that's something.  That's me planning.

Peace, love, & Kuwait 

1 comment:

  1. You're gonna do great! Start planning our February!!!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete