Saturday, April 7, 2012

Oh, Jordan...

I don't even know where to start! It was such a great week off and I'm so very happy I got to explore yet a new country. Number 18? 19? 19, I think. I'll have to do a re-count.

Anyways. Here is a not-so-detailed map of where we were/went:

We flew into Amman and got into a bus then a taxi then another taxi and finally got to the right bus station (al jamma janoob) where we waited until the minibus for Petra was filled up with alllllllll Jordanians. Yea being the only foreigners on the bus! With one stop and letting people off in the middle of the desert, it took about 3 hours. Went down to Wadi Musa the next day and saw the sites! So neato! I also got a marriage proposal, a boyfriend proposal, and a bbq invite. And Amy got us invited into a cave for tea, sweet.

On Sunday we went down to Wadi Rum for a 4 hour jeep tour then down to Aqaba where we dipped our toes into the Red Sea, got harassed by a camel dude, and saw Egypt, Israel, and Saudi while standing in Jordan... oh, and went out dancing at the most awesomest hotel ever. Monday, we hung out in the Red Sea and in freezing cold pools. Got a bit burnt, oops! After a couple of hours, we headed back to Petra for Petra at night. Not as cool as we thought it was going to be, but I guess it was a bit neat.

On Tuesday, we went moved on up to Amman and used it as a home-base for day trips to a couple places up there. We went to Jerash, Ajloun, Anjara, and Um Qais one day (we got Roman ruined out, fo sho). And the next day we went to Madaba where the famous (I'd never heard of it before) mosaic map of the Holy Land is, Mount Nero, Jesus' baptism site, and the DEAD SEA! Yea boyyyy! The Dead Sea was pretty funny. I'd lift a foot and be on my back, I'd look to the left, and I'd be on my stomach. Trying to get back onto my feet was crazy, too. I was just turning around in circles til I finally touched down. Then the last night we went to an English pub and then met up with some Jordanians we met at the airport for shisha and ice cream.

All in all, gooooood times. I might post more on it later. We shall seeeee!

Peace, love, & M&Ms

No comments:

Post a Comment