Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Turn that frown upside down!

Today was a pretty good day (knock on wood), I was surprised.  Things have been intense and stressful lately, but I was really calm all day today and things went really smoothly!  Exciting.  But, even if I was having a rough day, it wouldn't stay rough for long (perks of working with 5 year olds!). 

Anywhos.  Three awesome things happened today.  Here they are:

1. In line after recess: Aziz turns to me and says, "Miss, I have a song."  And he busts out Shakira's "This Time for Africa" song.  Needless to say, YES!  He only knew, like, three words and just repeated them over and over again, but his smile and his head bobbing made me really  happy, so I danced along to laughter from the rest of the class... and Deputy Principal.

2. Waiting for 12:30 on the carpet:  I'm putting away puzzles and I hear a snicker behind me.  I turn around and, lo' and behold, it's Faisal.  Weird, right?  I look at him and ask him what's he is laughing at and he says, "Miss Sophia, I saw your butt."  I pick him up and hold him and say, "You saw my WHAT?!"  He repeats it and then says, "I saw your fanny!"  BAHAHAHA.  I couldn't help but laugh (note my previous post on fannies).  After he and I had a good chuckle out of it, I told him he shouldn't repeat it ever again.  Pretty sure he didn't understand that.  Oh well.

3. Waiting for his mom to come pick him up:  Tariq and I were lying on our stomach reading "David Gets in Trouble" by David Shannon and come to the page where David has a bar of soap in his mouth.  He asked why and I told him because he probably said something naughty.  Tariq, then, breaks out with "I love eating soap!"  Say what?!  "I put chili on it!  It's delicious."  Oh man, what a cutie, but really?  Soap?  REALLY???

Peace, love, & bubbles

No comments:

Post a Comment