Thursday, July 12, 2012

Kuwait in 41 Days!

I leave for Kuwait in 39 days and get there in 41 days (spending a day in London-town!).  It's crazy!  Time has been flying by.  I've been feeling really anxious about going back to Kuwait as a real teacher in a totally new school.  I mean, I'm excited about it, but nervous as heck, too. 

Anyways, as for my visa stuff, I'm pretty sure all of what I've sent out has made it to OK by now (Insh'Allah) and when I go to VA, I'm going to take it with me and have it all authenticated and sent to the Kuwait Embassy for my work visa!  Hopefully that will work out the way I see it in my mind...

But something else has also come up that has calmed my nerves a bit (about being in a new school, new people, new friends?!) and that is that our orientation leaders have made a Facebook page for us new hires!  How nice!  This way we get to see the layout of Kuwait, where the schools are located, meet each other, and check out a sneak peek as to what the apartments look like.  It's been really awesome conversing with the new and "old" teachers at ACA.  ACA has a lot of sport groups for their teachers, which is awesome!  I wish I was coordinated enough to do them!  Maybe I will just for fun?  I could use the exercise. 

So yea, it's been really nice having this opportunity to get to know the poeple I'll be working with next year and who I'll be hanging out with for orientation.  Yay for awesome orientation leaders!




Peace, love, & 39 days left in the USA!

1 comment:

  1. sounds great!! do you know where you are living yet??!!

    ReplyDelete