Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Book of Awesome

I just finished "The Book of Awesome" by Neil Parischa (I might be spelling his last name wrong). This book was amazing. Neil has taken a bunch of tiny things that make people happy and put it into one book. He has a blog called 1000awesomethings.com and you should really check it out. I literally laughed out loud while reading this book, and in the process have made students, my parents, and my g-ma look at me strangely. Whatevs. It was well worth it, really. With so much going on in this world, so many negative things, this book gave me some positive things to look at, positive things that are often overlooked by the majority of people. Now, I already try to look at positive things, but let's be honest guys, sometimes the positives are hard to see through the fog of negativity that surrounds us. We see negatives everywhere, whenever you turn on the news, read the newspaper, some books and movies, and what happens in our everyday lives, breakups with boyfriends or girlfriends or even just friends. That one night that you made a bad decision and feel you might regret for a long time. All these things are negative, but as my mama has told me "No matter how many negatives there are, there is at least one positive and that could just be 'at least there's not another negative.'"
I urge you to read this book, guys. Or at least his blog. It's fun, it's funny, it's happy and it's so worth it. But if you don't ever read any of his stuff, just remember that life is what you make it, so make it good. Try not to be all about the negatives. I'm trying my damnedest. I'm making my life freaking fabulous. You should do the same! :)

2 comments:

  1. Well put, Sophia, well put :) Have a great time in Korea and know that we miss you here in the States very much :)
    xoxo,
    heather

    ReplyDelete