Friday, May 14, 2010

Hoses and Electricity and the Mall and a last minute Cricket

Hoses: Yes, hoses. I love them. They are right next to the toilet so you can wash your nether regions. They are awesome. Yea, when you are finished with them, your behind is wet, but who cares? You're clean without having a butthole rash! Fabulousness.

Electricity: Oof. It goes out at least twice a day so far. Yesterday it went out twice and today it went out twice as well. It sucks. As soon as the electricity goes out, you are in for a hot sweaty mess of you. Not so fabulous.

The Mall of Lahore: Um, this place was so not what I expected. Usually when the cousins say that we're going out, it's usually to an outdoor "mall." Not this one. It's a pretty big building with some intense security. It has mostly UK brands, but that's still pretty awesome. We went into a couple shops that had clothes (like, 30x too small for me) and shoes and bags. Then of course we had to visit the baby stores for Maham. While we were there I caught a glimpse of a Pakistani girl/woman/lady whatever in skinny jeans! Yea, skinny jeans! I was kinda shocked, too, but at the same time, not really. She had on a billowy shirt with her skinny jeans. Man, she looked so Western, it caught me off guard. Then we saw two white people! Ah. Haha, it was crazy. Then Saman told me that there are some pretty ballin' (she didn't use that word, but whatevs) apartments near this mall that a bunch of white people lived in. Cool. I didn't feel so left out then.

You know what I want right now? A donut. Random, but hey, there ya go.

Oh, and also, I feel like a rebel over here with my 12 piercings and a tattoo (that no one has seen yet or even knows about). Fatima Baji and G-ma caught the piercings yesterday at dinner and as my aunt was checking out my rings tonight, Baji decided to show her all my piercings. Hahahaha, the looks on their faces is like "Wow, she's crazy and weird, can't believe she's in our family." Heh.

Cricket: Oh man, guys. See, I like sports. I do. I get really into it and I can be a very competitive person. So, the cricket semi-finals are going on in St. Lucia right as I write. Yesterday was, um, England v. Sri Lanka, I didn't get the chance to see the whole thing, oh well, but TODAY or tonight to me it's Pakistan v. Australia. Pakistan was up first and got 191 runs. Um, that's awesome considering they only usually get 113 runs (according to Saman). See? I didn't know much about this sport til tonight when I was upstairs watching it with my uncle. I bugged him into briefly telling me what was going on and Saman came in and helped with the rest even though she doesn't like cricket. Ah, it's intense, though! Austraila has 148 runs with 7 wickets (outs; out of a total of 10 that they are allowed) with 16 more balls left. That means they need 44 more runs from a total of, well now, 15 balls. I hope they don't get it. Pakistan should totally win.

Update: Now Aus is up 191 to 191 with only 2 balls left. Eff this, man. Mike Hussey can ... grrr.

Yay new sports!

1 comment: