Thursday, May 13, 2010

Oh hay, Pakistan

Wazzzzzuppppp.

Oh hey, I'm in Pakistan, y'all. The flight from DC to Qatar was approx 13 hours. It actually wasn't too bad. I was a bit nervous that I'd be sitting next to some smelly guy or a crying baby (cause those are the only two types of people that travel... ever) but I wasn't! In fact, I think the man sitting on the aisle seat of our threesome smelled better than me! Oops, sorry strange man with very feminine hands.
Then the flight from Qatar to Lahore I met the most gorgeous man, ever. I am now seriously thinking about going to/studying in Finland/anywhere in the Netherlands. They make beautiful men there. But seriously, he was gorgeous... Le sigh. Anyways! I was sitting there at the window seat nervously looking over my shoulder at the strangers coming up behind me trying to decipher which one would be sitting next to me. Lucky for me I got the weirdest guy ever who gave me a smirk that would chill the bones of Hades. Not really, but I thought that would be cool to write. After about hmm... 10 minutes of sitting shoulder-to-shoulder with Strange Weirdo, I decided to ask if I could move seats. Thank goodness the flight wasn't fully booked, so I had a good two seats all to myself next to the window.
As soon as I got off the plane in Lahore I was bombarded by men trying to help me with my luggage, which was really my purse and my laptop (because the people in Qatar made me check my pack, lame). I literally stuck my nose in the air and kept walking, though. I'm not about to pay some guys for something I can do perfectly well by myself. Sheesh! I then chose the SLOWEST customs line ever, but in the process I made friends with some Canadians and caught a last glimpse of the most beautiful man EVER. Le sigh. Anyways, this story is getting boring. I thought I lost my luggage, but people in Pakistan think it's totally cool to take random pieces of luggage off the conveyor belt thing and leave it in a pile. Mine was in the pile, good thing I made friends with those Canadians (because they told me to look there, that's why).
Yep. So, yep... I'm here, in Lahore. Til the 25th. Peace out, homes.

2 comments:

  1. Yayayayayay!! I am so jealous/excited for you!!! You are going to do amazing things.....one day I want to travel but you are right...why wait????

    I am having Ry join too :) Your going to make him wanna travel again :)

    Please be safe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! First stop for you guys should be KOREA! :)

    ReplyDelete