Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

Yesterday I finished another book. Granted, I started this book while I was reading a couple more at the same time, so I'm not that fast of a reader. Anyways, this book is by Jonathan Safran Foer and is called "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close." It was amazing. It took me a bit longer than usual to get into the book, but once in, I was completely enthralled. It is truly a great novel. Somewhat uplifting, somewhat sad all at the same time. I giggled and cried, I huffawed and I awed. It was really good. I really don't have any other words for it!

It's about this kid named Oskar who's dad died in the World Trade Center on 9/11. It's about his adventure in trying to find out more about his father. In the process, he learns many different things about different people. He learns about himself, his grandma, his grandpa, his mom, and a whole miriad of strangers. Oskar has a unique way of looking at things that makes him quite the brilliant little character.

Read this. Trust me.

1 comment:

  1. i love this book!! its so good. im glad you liked it. =]

    ReplyDelete