Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Rambles Shambles Part 2

Sometimes I feel invisible here. I might not make too much of an effort to be seen, but even when I'm just chillin' and cousins and stuff come down to hang out, I still feel invisible. I dare not say anything, for I know that it is partially my fault for not knowing Urdu, but still. Well, I feel bad for saying this, but they know English and they know that I don't know Urdu, is it all too difficult to speak in English? It's almost as if they don't want to include me. That's fine. I can deal with that. I only have 4 more days (or so) left here. They come in and say hello to me and then go and talk amongst themselves. It's cool. I'm not trying to complain and if it comes across as complaining, I apologize. I'm just letting you readers know how it is, how my travels are. And this is the truth.

On a happier note, I'm getting very excited about Korea. Firstly, cause it is not nearly as hot as here. Secondly, cause I've been chatting with a girl I'll be working with named Katie. She's super nice. I've been shooting question after question at her, and she's answered every single one of them with the utmost patience. She is even taking me to one of her Korean language classes to see if I like it enough to sign up for one myself! Yay!

Four more days, four more days.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are even more excited for Korea! It's awesome that you already have a friend there. :-)

    ReplyDelete