Friday, May 14, 2010

Rambles Shambles from 5/13/10

The comforting sound of the call to prayers echoes in the background as I flip through the wedding albums of two of my cousins. It's nice, sitting here with Maham and Saman. Yes, they might be speaking in Urdu, and yes, I do not know Urdu, but it's still nice. I can let my mind wander off without people looking at me awkwardly or wondering what's wrong with me once my eyes glaze over and I'm in daydream-land. Or, if I'm alone, I will just sit here, on the computer, organizing things or trying desperately to connect to the internet, or maybe just typing up a new blog entry. Well, right now, right this minute at 8:52PM on Thursday the 13th, I'm sitting here on the computer, as my uncle is flipping through tv channels. I'm trying to keep track of which stations I would find worthwhile: Spongebob came on a second ago, now cricket! And I think I caught a glimpse of an American movie, you may have heard of it: Miss Congeniality. Yes, trying to remember which stations these are on is difficult considering there's a wide range of channels to choose from. Cricket is on channel 9 and I think Spongebob was on channel 65 or something.

Yes, I am rambling. Yes, I just realized that.

Everyone here has a little pouch for the cell phone. It's kinda funny. I mean, not really funny, just interesting. Like, a legit pouch. For their cell phone. Heh. Maybe I'm just easily entertained. That's a good thing, too since I'm here alone.

And, man, it's warm. Gotta keep hydrated. Aww, I have this little slideshow thing of my pictures on my desktop. My friends. Aw, we're cute. I miss them already. They should come visit me in Korea. I doubt they will, but how awesome would that be?

Anyways, I'm done rambling, I'm gonna go read "The Book of Awesome." Check it out, sahn.

No comments:

Post a Comment